Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Jiu Ma | Embossing & Watercoloring | Concord & 9th

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a special birthday card for my Aunt Nancy.  I called her Jiu Ma.  She's extremely talented and very generous. I was looking at my old photos the other day and realized many of my favorite childhood outfits were gifts from Jiu Ma.  She was always giving us thoughtful gifts, even if I wasn't old enough to appreciate them.  I was born in the Year of the Rabbit.  I remember being 5 or 6 years old when she and my uncle drove up to New England to visit us. I was taking an afternoon nap and when I woke up there was a stuffed rabbit hand puppet next to me.  Jiu Ma had the puppet over her hand and gently said "Christina, wake up, wake up!"  I not only woke up, but I freaked out and cried!!  I thought there was a real rabbit in my bed.  That puppet scared me and I wasn't able to look at it for years!  I think the rabbit is still sitting in my closet somewhere, but I'd probably still be scared if I saw it today.  Luckily, my time spent with her in my later years are much happier and we're always laughing and smiling.  That why this stamp set from Concord & 9th is perfect for today's card.

I'm using the Barnwood Background and Love You. Mean It. stamp sets from Concord & 9th.  I combined heat embossing and watercoloring in this card.

Full Card
Close-Up Image

Materials:
Directions:
Click here to watch me make this card from start-to-finish on YouTube

Happy Birthday, Jiu Ma!

Love,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!! Simple and rustic, with just the right touch of feminine!

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!