Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Birthday Bouquet | WPlus9 Freehand Florals

Hello friends,

Today is my Aunt Grace's birthday.  I call her I-E-Yu.  She lives on the other side of the country, but when we were kids, we spent plenty of summers at their house. My mom has two younger sisters, I-E-Yu and I-E-Lu. Together, the three sisters essentially keep our family connected.  My mom's the oldest and growing up, her advice for me and focus was on getting good grades, studying hard, etc...  My youngest aunt, I-E-Lu, always gave me advice on career, investing and cooking lessons (and eating lessons). So what was I-E-Yu's area of expertise?  Fashion and dating!  Yes, she always gave me tips on what to wear, she knew designers and trends before I even knew them.  She introduced me to Swatch Watches in the 80s... (my swatch had pink fish on it).  And when I started dating, she was more than willing to share her two cents!

I-E-Yu also has a green thumb and knows all about plants and flowers.  Yes, I have two very talented horticultural (is that a word?) aunts.  So, I thought this awesome Freehand Florals stamp set from WPlus9 would be the best one to use for her birthday card.

Materials:

  • WPlus9: Freehand Florals Stamps and Dies
  • Simon Says Stamp: Birthday Florals Stamps
  • Mama Elephant: Happy Script Die
  • Teresa Collins patterned paper
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sequins (Sparkling Clear)
  • Hero Arts (HA) Shadow Inks & Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Hybrid Inks (see image below for the ink colors used)
  • Foam Adhesive, Adhesive Tape Runner, Glue Dots
  • Heidi Swap Color Shine in Gold
Directions:

Here are the ink pads I used:


And another close-up of the card:


Happy Birthday, I-E-Yu!

Love,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!