Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday: A "Whale-y" fun card featuring The Stamps of Life

Hi everyone,

I was first introduced to The Stamps of Life five years ago at a Scrapbook Expo in Santa Clara, CA.  I was drawn to their booth because it was covered in pink!  I naturally gravitate toward anything pink.  At the time, I had never heard of clear stamps.  Stephanie Barnard was at her booth and walked me through how everything worked... acrylic blocks, ink pads, clear stamps, etc... and I was hooked!  I love her designs and products.

Today's card features the new June release stamp set: whale2stamp.  This "whale-y" fun set reminds me of whale watching near Cape Cod.


Materials:

  • The Stamps of Life whale2stamp stamp set
  • Card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
  • White panel: 4"W x 5.25"H
  • Sizzix/Stephanie Barnard Triple Circle Flip-its Framelits (circle dies)
  • Patterned Paper (Doodlebug Designs)
  • Scrap paper - shades of blue/aqua
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Foam Adhesive
Directions:
  • Using different sized circle dies, cut a bunch of circles in the top part of the white card panel.  I found it was easier to trace the circles first and then die cut accordingly
  • Cut pieces of scrap paper and patterned paper to fill the circles
  • Stamp the whale on some patterned paper and fussy cut it out.
  • Cut a strip of the "wavy" paper to form an ocean.
  • Glue everything in place.
  • Use foam adhesive to give the whale some dimension.

Super easy, right?  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!